Mains Water Booster Pumps & Sets
The demand for boosting water pressure is growing considerably in the UK in recent years. This is due to many things, such as mains water reducing pressure to combat leaks and increasing numbers of taller buildings which can in turn cause more condensed living, unequal pressure on site, and an increasing demand for high water pressure during industrial processing. The good news is, installing a quality mains water booster pump set means you can forget about slow showers and bothersome baths for good.
We stock a comprehensive range of WRAS approved booster sets. All of our water pressure booster sets are designed and built to the very highest standards from leading manufacturers, with high quality stainless steel materials for efficiency, sustained performance levels and a long working life.
Why do you need a booster set?
Low or intermittent water pressure is an issue for thousands of people all over the country. Water pressure determines the flow of water from the tap, meaning low pressure can reduce water flow to a trickle. This is particularly bothersome for some modern heating appliances and showers which won’t work below certain pressure levels, in which case a water boosting pump is the answer.
Low pressure can have a number of causes.
- When demand for water is high (such as in the morning or early evenings) pressure can be lower than during the rest of the day.
- During dry spells when people use hose pipes or sprinklers to water their gardens.
- Inadequate pumping facilities.
- Water mains that are too small.
- Reduced pressure from the water main as a result of leakage, equipment failures or blocked service pipes.
Booster set sizing
There are certain key aspects that must be taken into the equation when sizing a water pump correctly. As a minimum we need to consider the following when selecting booster sets:
Supplying what type of property?
House / Bungalow / Single flat / Multiple flats / Other
What are you looking to boost?
Whole House / Single Tap / Hot & Cold Water
What type of boiler?
Gravity feed / Combi / Megaflow
Is there a header tank?
Yes / No
Where the set is to be sited?
Is there any space limitations for a break tank to be fitted on the ground floor?
Yes / No
Incoming flow rate (litres per min)?
How many floors does the property have?
How many people live at the property?
Any occasional guests, if so how many? (approx)
Total number of washroom/bathrooms?
Total number of toilets? Total number of baths? Total number of showers?
Types of showers being used?
Power / Electric / Mixer / Jets / Heads
Additional information if available:
How to split the duty for particular applications I.E. duty/standby or duty/assist.
The size and material of the connecting pipework.
Booster Set Configuration
One, two, three and four pump variable and fixed speed water booster sets. Can be supplied in many configurations.
Single pump booster set, full duty operation.
Twin pump booster set arranged as duty assist or duty standby.
Three pump booster set arranged as duty-assist-assist or standby.
Four pump booster set arranged as duty-assist-assist-assist or standby.
There is increasing awareness that the most cost-effective solutions will be achieved through selecting variable speed pumps.
Booster set F.A.Q’s
Water Pressure Boosting to Whole House
Numerous properties endure poor water supply where either the flow, pressure or sometimes both are insufficient resulting in poor performance of showers, taps and other domestic appliances. This can cause problems in the household, especially when a tap is turned on or a toilet is flushed whilst someone is using the shower causing either the shower to go very hot or cold, very weak, or sometimes turn off completely.
To boost water pressure in your property you must first have stored water.
Can I attach a pump directly to my incoming mains?
Water Authority bylaws prevent a pump being connected directly to the mains supply, which is why mains supply pressure needs a break tank incorporated into the system. Traditional gravity fed systems have this already.
* More importantly, pumps are not designed to ‘suck’ water, only to push it and thus if the existing supply is inadequate then the pump will be starved of water. The pump will also not be operating efficiently and will be liable to fail.
How can I improve my water pressure then?
Firstly you must install a break tank which will give your pump a reservoir of water to draw from. For a flat we recommend around a 100 litre tank and for an average family house around a 250 litre tank.
This tank should ideally be located as low down and as close to your incoming water supply as possible as the less gravity your incoming water has to overcome, the faster your tank will refill.
I like the idea but I am looking for something easier and neater to install.
If you are looking for an out of the box solution to your problem which will involve the least amount of additional plumbing and time spent on installation, then you may wish to consider one of our all in one pump and tank solutions. All they require is for you to plumb your incoming water main into the float valve entering the tank and from the outlet of the controller to the plumbing in your house.
So whether you’re looking for a hot water or cold water booster set, a compact space saving booster pump or a variable speed booster set, look no further than Complete Pump Supplies. Booster sets are one of our signature products and there is nothing we don't know about them, so if you have any questions don’t hesitate to give our dedicated technical team a call and put our expert knowledge to the test!
Single Pump Booster Sets
- Calpeda Easymat 1MXH Single Pump Booster Sets
- Calpeda Easymat 1MXV-B Single Pump Booster Sets
- DAB AQUAJET-INOX Single Pump Booster Sets
- DAB 1 KVC AD Single Pump Booster Sets
- DAB Silent Single Pump Booster Sets
- Grundfos MQ3 Booster Pump Sets
- Grundfos Max-E 5Bar Single Pump Booster Set
- Lowara SMB10 Single Pump Booster Sets - Horizontal
Twin Pump Booster Sets
- Calpeda Easymat 2 MXH Twin Pump Booster Sets
- Calpeda Easymat 2 MXV-B Twin Pump Booster Sets
- DAB 2 Euroinox AD Twin Pump Booster Sets
- DAB 2 KVC AD Twin Pump Booster Sets
- Grundfos Hydro Multi-E Horizontal Twin Booster Sets 3PH
- Grundfos Hydro Multi-E Vertical Twin Booster Sets 3PH
- Grundfos Hydro MPC-E Vertical Twin Booster Sets 3PH
- Grundfos Hydro MPC-E Vertical Twin Booster Sets 1PH
- Lowara SMB20 Twin Pump Booster Sets - Vertical 'R' Type
- Lowara SMB20 Twin Pump Booster Sets - Vertical 'F' Type
Three Pump Booster Sets
- Calpeda Easymat 3MXH Three Pump Booster Sets
- Calpeda Easymat 3MXV Three Pump Booster Sets
- Calpeda IMAT 3MXH Three Pump Booster Sets
- Calpeda IMAT 3MXV Three Pump Booster Sets
- DAB 3 KVC AD Three Pump Booster Sets
- Grundfos Hydro Multi-E Horizontal Three Pump Booster Sets
- Grundfos Hydro Multi-E Vertical Three Pump Booster Sets
- Lowara SMB30 Three Pump Booster Sets
- Lowara GHV30 Three Pump Booster Sets